Covid Policy & Protocol for Barcelona & Sitges Group Tour

Please note that Two Bad Tourists is not the tour operator for any of our hosted trips. We are simply the marketing partner and join the trip as guests with our readers. All reservations, travel arrangements, bookings, cancellations and payments are done through The Queer Travel. 

We understand it’s an uncertain time for travel right now and people have a lot of questions. Since we are still hosting three trips in 2022 to Greece, Croatia, and Barcelona, we have gathered information regarding COVID and our trips. We encourage our current and potential guests to do whatever is best for themselves because we want everyone to feel safe when they travel. 

Travel Insurance

In order to avoid problems and potential extra costs related to COVID, we strongly recommend that all guests purchase travel insurance. World Nomads and Allianz are two travel insurance companies that we have both personally used and recommend. They also cover COVID related travel disruptions. Be sure to read their COVID related coverage for your country of residence. 

Cancellation Policy

30% of the total trip price is due at the time of confirmation (deposit). The remaining 70% is due 20 days before the start date of the trip. A 10% cancellation fee will apply if the cancellation occurs 45-30 days before departure. A 25% cancellation fee will apply if the cancellation occurs 30-15 days before departure. 100% of expenses will apply if the cancellation occurs less than 15 days before departure (e.g. non-refundable). All prices indicated are per person.

COVID Testing 

If a guest tests positive upon arrival in Barcelona or at any time during the trip, the Spanish health authorities require them to quarantine. Check the latest quarantine requirements here. They should then contact their travel insurance to determine the appropriate process and hotel. Travel insurance will cover all or part of the costs of the accommodation and necessary flight changes due to COVID.  

If a guest requires a negative COVID test 24 hours prior to their return flight home, they will be assisted in organizing and reserving an appointment in Sitges. Currently, there are two clinics (Policlínic Sitges & Centre Mèdic Sitges SLP) that can provide testing with a pre-scheduled appointment.

Entry Requirements and Travel Restrictions 

Spain is open to travelers for tourism. In order to enter the country, you must complete the Health Control Form to receive a QR code. Please check here for the latest information on vaccine requirements and/or COVID tests for travel to Spain. In addition, be sure to check your home country’s re-entry requirements which may include COVID testing or completing forms.